Saturday, January 23, 2010

2010 - Seriously!

WHAT GREAT FRIENDS WILL DO - Tonight, on my couch, in my house, with my wife and kids nearby, I experienced something rare. I experienced the powerful love of a friend who offered to pray for me. With no regard for time or tiredness, my dear friends and mentors from Alabama prayed over my family and I, spoke words of encouragement and insight and did more than give their opinions. While others pray for us and encourage us, like my Mother and Stepfather, who also support us in our parenting, activities and financial challenges, most do not. We recognize how difficult life can be for us all, so to have great friends to show this support is rare and frankly, an undeserved blessing that I am deeply thankful for.

NO MEDIOCRE LIFE - One author wrote: "Excelling at being who you are, where you are, with what you have, is to do in now, while you can. Here you will commit to being ruthless with time, patient with the process, and determined to finish well." I like this quote because it does not say I must "do something" to be more than mediocre. Rather, it points out that I begin by just "being". When I have learned the art of excellence in my "being" who God has created me to be, then the potential in my "doing" will be much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment